Senior Lawyer, Attorney-at-Law
Our practice’s experienced insurance law specialists act for insurers, policy holders and beneficiaries in various areas including maritime trade, transportation and construction.
Our insurance law practice includes legal support for complex disputes involving different judicial bodies simultaneously, including commercial and arbitration courts throughout the Russian Federation.
Our lawyers advise both Russian and foreign companies, including brokers and reinsurers, on a wide range of issues related to insurance.
Expertise and legal support in the field of insurance:
- Filing claims under insurance policies in the interest of insured parties and beneficiaries, including drafting sets of documents, for example, when an insured event takes place abroad; assistance in estimating damages
- Defending the interests of insurers when claims are filed and identifying breaches of insurance policy contracts that justify a rejection of the claim
- Representing clients in disputes regarding the validity of insurance policies, including cases where the contracts were signed at the insurance company’s branch offices
- Analysis of issues relating to the competent jurisdictional body according to insurance policies, including courts of arbitration
- Legal support in disputes regarding the termination of insurance policies for various reasons, which may include non-payment of premiums and failure by the policy holder to provide the insurer with the required information
- Managing the collection of insurance payments, including the enforcement of court and arbitration court judgments
Acting for a Panamanian shipowner in a dispute with a Russian insurer providing voluntary civil liability insurance, in connection with a claim for compensation for damage to cargo transported by the shipowner.
Acting for a Panamanian shipowner insured by a Russian insurer under a voluntary civil liability contract, in connection with damage to sunflower seeds transported by the vessel.
Drafting an insurance claim for approximately USD 2.5 million, including losses awarded to the consignee by a Turkish court, the cost of unloading the damaged cargo, survey costs and legal fees.
Advice and legal support for a Russian insurance company facing a claim for compensation from a Seychelles shipowner due to the failure of components and units of the insured vessel.
Advising a Russian insurance company facing a claim from a Seychelles shipowner for about USD 200,000 in insurance compensation due to the failure of an adjustable pitch propeller on the insured vessel.
Drafting a rejection of the insurance claim due to the insurance contract having terminated before the event in question took place.
Acting for a major foreign insurance company as a third party in a dispute between a Russian container terminal and a business owner in connection with damage caused to his vessels during loading at the terminal.
Acting for a major British insurance company in a dispute between a Russian container terminal whose third party liability insurance was provided by the client and a business owner seeking compensation for damage caused to the plaintiff's vessels during loading at the container terminal.
Participating in proceedings at the commercial court of appeal in connection with the plaintiff’s appeal against the court's refusal to recover lost profits, and substantiation of a judicial review on reducing the amount of damages recovered.